I Like My Music Like Costco on a Sunday

Full of samples.

Having a great love for New York Hip Hop there is something so magical about how a producer can strategically splice separate works of art into a single masterpiece, like a musical collage. I feel DJ Kool Herc had a lot to do with the evolution for majority of the groups I love (Tribe, Wu Tang (which is for the children), KRS-One). I thought I'd share a fun song Spotify introduced me to, but first I'll warn you that it sounds messy & chaotic, and it's what I love about it. I also have the same cat unitard as the girl in the video.


I also love catching the same sample in multiple songs, for example Groove is in the Heart has the same sample from a Belly Dancing instruction video that Tyler the Creator used in I Ain't Got Time

9 comments:

  1. Wu Tang is for the children? Must be a different Wu Tang Clan from my childhood days :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tyler such a creative genius! Also Costco on Sunday is not the move wayyyy too many people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listen to Wu Tang Clan too I have to listen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just reminded me of all the free samples at Cosco XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a lot of music this days that I never hear thank you for the music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This song is different but its not to bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My little sister showed me Tyler. I definitely like his style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tyler The Creator is for sure a artist to pay attention too. Hes something different for real.

    ReplyDelete