Can I Spell Kaiyote?

Another band I can listen to is Hiatus Kaiyote. I can listed to the albums from front to back. Found them via Spotify playlist. They're from Australia and I got to see them when they had their first show in Las Vegas. It was at Insert Coins (RIP Insert Coins, I hope to find a bartender that used to work there so I can have a Dirty Kerby. I've been craving one for like 4 years, but I digress). It's been absolutely amazing seeing them grow from being in a small, intimate venue and upgrading to Brooklyn Bowl during their next visit. Nai Palm is the lead singer and she's incredibly sweet. Her vocal runs are otherworldly, listening to her really helped me lock down the ability to perform vocal runs ("Swap Thing" is a great demonstration of it). Her voice may sound familiar if you listened to the most recent album releases from Drake and Kendrick Lamar, you can hear her voice sampled in their song (I think Kendrick sampled "Atari").

Long post cut short: I really love this band and can't wait for the next album to drop.

10 comments:

  1. I'm really digging the album art and that jazzy feeling. She has an amazing voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool album artwork indeed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is good you had a chance to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw Kendrick yesterday it was super and good in concert!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the music recommendations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kendrick is one of the best rappers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kendrick is one of the best! I like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have really interesting taste in music.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ^^ Kendrick is for sure the best to rap!

    ReplyDelete